Reasons Why Small Access Scaffold Tower is the Better Alternative When Doing Roof WorkMarch 21, 2019
Straight to the point, ladders are not an inherently safe work-at-height equipment form. That statement applies to flat-surface work, and it applies doubly so to roof work. To erect a safe and absolutely functional activity zone around a roof, scaffolding towers are chosen. But what if there are access problems to solve? Does an extendable pair of aluminium-strengthened ladders suddenly look that much more appealing?
Employing Small Access Scaffold Towers
Breaking away from this option, without any reservations whatsoever, the ladders are left in the back of a flatbed truck. Out of a second truck, here comes a scaffolding frame that's designed to get into hard-to-reach areas. At the side of a house, in a back garden, or slotted tightly into a narrow alleyway, the compact staging erects over the course of several hours. The roof is several meters above the ground, and it's sloping at a sharp angle, but the scaffolding easily reaches upwards.
Matching Structural Peculiarities
Of some advantage here, the cross members and frame sections combine in flexible configurations to match the changes in direction made by an architecturally intricate meeting of wall surfaces. Ladders tie to the frame. There's even room for that aluminium ladder that's laying back inside the truck. It's pulled free and pressed into service. Building materials, including roofing tiles and waterproof underlayment, are winched up to the highest platform. Amazingly, despite the narrow access area surrounding the building, the small access scaffold tower has no trouble coming together as a properly stabilized frame.
Promoting The Roof-Specific Benefits
Even when a safe ladder does enter service below a roof, it's not exactly the most practical approach that can be used in roofing applications. Even when cleaning out the guttering up there, the worker has to scurry up the ladder, do his work, then he has to climb carefully back down. Moving the runged equipment left or right, he climbs all the way back to the top. True, this option works in restricted access scenarios, but it's a tough way to get a job done. As for building materials and tools, well, we can forget about those. Small access scaffold towers are the logical successors here, for they provide safe and functional work areas, even when placed close to an inclined rooftop.
Then there are the harder to navigate rooftops. Old building gables and split roofing surfaces require separate ladder links, which can shift. They're hard to stabilize and harder to carry tools upon. For small access scaffold towers, there are several flexibility-assured paths available. The scaffold can extend and cantilever while it shifts upwards several extra metres. Using this method, complex staggered staging profiles become possible, all while the lower part of the tower finds secure footing on the narrowest section of ground.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Guide to Scaffold Inspection and Maintenance Based on Australian Standards
- Why Good Scaffolding Design is an Important Factor When Hiring for Scaffolding Services?
- How Imperfections and Inaccuracies in the Scaffolding Assembly Affect Scaffolding Stability
- From the Installation to the Dismantling of Scaffolding Systems: The Importance of Hiring the Right Scaffolding Contractor
- A Renter's Guide When Hiring Quality Scaffolding Systems
- Hiring the Right Scaffolding Experts Can Help Save Construction Cost and Time
- What Makes Kwikstage Scaffolding One of the Most Commonly Used Scaffolding in Australia?
- Short-term or Long-Term Scaffolding Hire: Choosing the Best Option for Construction Projects
- What Does a Prefabricated Scaffolding Mean?
- Scaffolding Hire Services for Building Extension Projects in Victoria
- What is the Height Requirement for a Guard Rail in a Scaffolding?
- How Wide Should Scaffolding Platforms and Walkways Be?
- Residential Improvement Projects that Require Scaffolding
- Safe Practices in Scaffold Dismantling: What are They?
- Reasons Why Small Access Scaffold Tower is the Better Alternative When Doing Roof Work
- Suspended Swing Stage Scaffolds Requirements
- Is There a Weight Limit for Temporary Scaffold Platforms?
- Erecting and Dismantling Birdcage Scaffolding
- Scaffold Accidents: What Can Happen When You Hire Unreliable Scaffolding?
- How Often Should Scaffolding Be Inspected and Checked for Safety?
- Aluminium Scaffolding: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Is There a Height Limit in Scaffolding Assemblies?
- View all articles…
- What Type of Scaffolding Should be Used for Low-Rise Buildings?
- A Quick Guide to Professional Scaffolding Erection
- View all articles…
- Scaffolding Checklist to Ensure Safety Use and Proper Platform Construction
- The Significance of Precise and Efficient Scaffolding in Multi-Story Buildings
- View all articles…