Suspended Swing Stage Scaffolds RequirementsMarch 5, 2019
It's not easy to maintain a sense of equilibrium when working upon suspended swing stage scaffolds. Elsewhere, on other buildings, the scaffolding work starts on the ground and is erected upwards. They're supported by the ground. Contrarily, suspended platforms turn that familiar layout on its head. Be at ease, though, the scaffolding is safely erected, as configured by an ace erection team.
Top-To-Bottom Safety Requirements
A few issues are solved on the ground because there are none of the usual grounding issues to resolve. But people are still working at-height. There are anchored parts suspended up there, plus tools and building materials, too. Like any other job, the personnel below a suspended swing stage scaffold must wear safety helmets. Known as hard hats by some nations, this apparel is not optional. Next, above the suspended parts, the anchorage mechanism is carrying out its duties; the weight of the scaffold and the people working on the staging platforms are held in check by cables and a roof-mounted anchoring system.
Reviewing Swing-Stage Mechanisms
Before going any further, do we all remember how this type of suspended scaffolding differs from other floating work structures? Essentially, there are two strengthened "hangers" locked in place above a single platform. There are multi-level variants, which use common support-stirrups, but, at least for this purpose of this post, let's stick with the single platform. Anyway, the overhead mechanism is not attached to the ground. That's a problem, because the ground is the most stable, most dependable object we possess. It rarely moves, unless an outside force is applied first. To combat this issue, the systems' overhead parts are exposed to an overly exaggerated design methodology.
Addressing the Suspended Safety Question
In ground supported designs, weights and platform forces are directly supported by a never-changing surface: the ground beneath your feet. By comparison, suspended swing stage scaffolds flip that build around until the support comes directly from a rooftop or high wall, not the ground. As such, the erection team's competent person must ensure the provision of a stable stirrup anchoring point. There are tiebacks to setup, which further stabilize the staging. These, too, must anchor to a secure surface, not an air conditioning vent or electrical conduit. If the structure still exhibits an unstable swing, counterweights will quash the movement.
Even with the fitting of the counterweights, nothing is left to chance. No "flowable" materials, no sand or gravel, can be used as a swing-stage counterweight. Finally, if this structure is to move, the anchoring components, platforms, safety features, and cross members must be built to withstand those energies. A start-up jerk or movement-locking halt cannot loosen the anchorage mechanism or any of its frame-stabilizing parts.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- What Makes Kwikstage Scaffolding One of the Most Commonly Used Scaffolding in Australia?
- Short-term or Long-Term Scaffolding Hire: Choosing the Best Option for Construction Projects
- What Does a Prefabricated Scaffolding Mean?
- Scaffolding Hire Services for Building Extension Projects in Victoria
- What is the Height Requirement for a Guard Rail in a Scaffolding?
- How Wide Should Scaffolding Platforms and Walkways Be?
- Residential Improvement Projects that Require Scaffolding
- Safe Practices in Scaffold Dismantling: What are They?
- Reasons Why Small Access Scaffold Tower is the Better Alternative When Doing Roof Work
- Suspended Swing Stage Scaffolds Requirements
- Is There a Weight Limit for Temporary Scaffold Platforms?
- Erecting and Dismantling Birdcage Scaffolding
- Scaffold Accidents: What Can Happen When You Hire Unreliable Scaffolding?
- How Often Should Scaffolding Be Inspected and Checked for Safety?
- Aluminium Scaffolding: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Is There a Height Limit in Scaffolding Assemblies?
- View all articles…
- What Type of Scaffolding Should be Used for Low-Rise Buildings?
- A Quick Guide to Professional Scaffolding Erection
- View all articles…
- Scaffolding Checklist to Ensure Safety Use and Proper Platform Construction
- The Significance of Precise and Efficient Scaffolding in Multi-Story Buildings
- View all articles…