What Type of Scaffolding Should be Used for Low-Rise Buildings?December 7, 2017
It's a good question, one that's perhaps been overlooked. Time has been consumed while describing tall scaffolding towers. Uncommon staging outlines have received attention, as have the safety procedures that guard those structures. What about low-rise buildings? Tall enough to require staging, it's our duty to describe the scaffolding types that work best within and around this work domain. Let's start off by talking about supported scaffolding.
Deconstructing Supported Scaffolding
This is a staging solution we've all seen at some point. Several platforms are stacked, one atop the other. Between the platforms, enough space is provided so that a team of workers can work or climb to the next level. It looks like a grid, a squarely balanced frame made of galvanized pipes. Ladders are fastened to the rigid vertical frame sections. They rise straight up or are mounted at a slight angle. Alternatively, lightweight flights of stairs climb in a staggered manner.
Turning to the Might of Suspended Scaffolding
Outside, a scaffolding solution is taking shape inside the foreman's head. There are obstructions below. Perhaps there are trees surrounding a building that's part of a renovation project, or maybe there's some other obstructive structure that negates the use of a standard supported scaffolding solution. Suspended scaffolding works well if the building has a flattened rooftop. The modular staging is assembled on that rooftop, then it's lowered on a group of strong cables or rope. Safety harnesses are a must here, for this scaffolding is constantly in motion.
Room for Cantilever Scaffolding?
This staging format is popular, but it's not always a practical high-rise scaffolding type because of the off-centre loading issues we associate with the leveraging principles in use here. Basically, a small tower climbs vertically, as seen in that supported scaffolding type. The difference occurs as the tower moves its business end at an angle. It's an efficient staging solution, but there are angled fittings to install, and these fittings require expert attention. Again, this framework is called upon when there are ground obstacles or the structure employs an unusual geometrical profile.
The low-rise scaffolding frames move indoors now. Trestle frames move on toughened castors. They're topped with teams of engineers and technicians, the workers who install air conditioning ducts and lighting fixtures. Meanwhile, as those fixtures and ducts are installed, the low-rise scaffolding assembles outside, perhaps as a standard supported frame or a moving swing set platform. One thing's for sure, there's no shortage of options here, not when a competent person takes charge of scaffolding.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Hiring the Right Scaffolding Experts Can Help Save Construction Cost and Time
- What Makes Kwikstage Scaffolding One of the Most Commonly Used Scaffolding in Australia?
- Short-term or Long-Term Scaffolding Hire: Choosing the Best Option for Construction Projects
- What Does a Prefabricated Scaffolding Mean?
- Scaffolding Hire Services for Building Extension Projects in Victoria
- What is the Height Requirement for a Guard Rail in a Scaffolding?
- How Wide Should Scaffolding Platforms and Walkways Be?
- Residential Improvement Projects that Require Scaffolding
- Safe Practices in Scaffold Dismantling: What are They?
- Reasons Why Small Access Scaffold Tower is the Better Alternative When Doing Roof Work
- Suspended Swing Stage Scaffolds Requirements
- Is There a Weight Limit for Temporary Scaffold Platforms?
- Erecting and Dismantling Birdcage Scaffolding
- Scaffold Accidents: What Can Happen When You Hire Unreliable Scaffolding?
- How Often Should Scaffolding Be Inspected and Checked for Safety?
- Aluminium Scaffolding: What are the Pros and Cons?
- Is There a Height Limit in Scaffolding Assemblies?
- View all articles…
- What Type of Scaffolding Should be Used for Low-Rise Buildings?
- A Quick Guide to Professional Scaffolding Erection
- View all articles…
- Scaffolding Checklist to Ensure Safety Use and Proper Platform Construction
- The Significance of Precise and Efficient Scaffolding in Multi-Story Buildings
- View all articles…